Last summer, I was busy selling a house, packing for a cross country move, and going to grad classes. So needless to say, it was packed with must dos. I’ve decided that this year my to-do list is about making me a better educator, parent, spouse, and person. So in no particular order:
- Read and then read some more. I will read to my kids. I will read fiction, nonfiction and educational books. I want to read things out of my comfort zone to make me a better person.
- Play with my kids when they ask. Too often I find myself watching instead of joining in even when they ask me to join them.
- Go on dates with my husband. We (I mean me) are guilty of putting our relationship last(ok second to last-I know that I fall last) on the priorities.
- Travel. We moved here to be closer to family. Everyone is home this summer. It is time for road trips to see the family and friends that are near.
- Scrapbook. I am so far behind that I am currently scrapbooking July 2013. My kids love looking at them and talking about the adventures. Little Bit deserves more than her first few months scrapbooked.
- Garden. I want to figure out my yard. Where is the best place to put my tomatoes? How do I keep the squirrels from digging my bean seeds? So many questions and I am looking forward to finding the answers.
- Cook. I missed cooking every night for the family this year. I will help take up the challenge.
- Learn-I plan on attending some conferences and a couple of EdCamps. I will make my list of questions for my new job and find the answers. I will make time for twitter chats.
This list looks long but I know I will enjoy accomplishing this list. My sweet son made his list: