I spent three days at the PLC institute in Florida last week. I got the honor to see Rick Dufour possibly speak his last keynote. I have a sense of urgency and have come back inspired and amazed. I feel like my mind is reeling about where to start and what to do first. This is like eating an elephant, you eat it one bite at a time. Here are my beginning next steps on my PLC journey:
- Start my journey on becoming more relationally intelligence.
- When I finish working with others, review who I may share the outcomes with. I also need to work on summarizing decisions made at the end of a meeting.
- Use the phrases: Tell me more; How could I support you in this work? I need to seek to understand.
- Listen without interrupting
- Analyze my mindset and shift it to a liberation mindset.
- Read Will to Lead, Will to Teach
- Create white space daily to feed me in this journey.
- Begin the conversation about structures that does not create equality.
My list could go on, but I realize that if I list too many things, none will get done. Dear readers, please hold me accountable. Ask me how I am doing or let me know if I have not accomplished my steps.