Last year, I chose Trust to be one word that served me well last year. At the beginning of the year, my workplace was full of uncertainty. I leaned into the word Trust completely. I kept doing the next right thing as the year progressed and trusted in the process. I am not going to lie and say that it was an easy year, but by the end of the year, I was exactly where I needed to be.
As I think about this year, I want to keep moving forward, professionally, and personally. I really struggled to figure out my word this year, and then Sean Gaillard replied to my workout tweet to keep the momentum going.
I quickly looked up the word, and this popped out at me, “driving force gained by the development of a process or course of events.” It really tied nicely with the podcast I heard the day before about how life is a collection of moments and keep doing the next right thing, and suddenly there you are. I am excited to say that momentum is my #oneword for 2020. You will see it in action in the following ways:
- Continue the habits that are working for me:
- Working out at least 3 times a week (as well as making a plan the week before)
- Meal planning weekly
- Reading daily
- Return to the habits that worked for me:
- Putting at least 20 minutes of work every night
- Praying the rosary in my car on the way to work
- Writing notes of gratitude
- Writing my blog more frequently
- Add new habits to old habits to create more significant change:
- Plan my sides for dinner to ensure that we are eating 5 servings of fruits and veggies
- Create the systems for before school and after school to help me streamline work
I know this seems like a lot, but I have confidence that the habits I built last year will be the push I needed to succeed in 2020.