I have a confession. This is my phone:
Blows your mind that someone still has one. It doesn’t even have a camera. My son is currently almost 5 1/2 years old. I was given this phone the Christmas before he was born because my friend said, “You need a phone when you have kids.” Before that I didn’t own a cell phone. I took the phone and it has saved me occasionally when I locked my keys in the car or the car wouldn’t start. It was in my purse. I only added voice mail last summer.
This year I use it more than ever. I use it to text and call my principal during the day. At times, my work day would run smoother to have access to a camera and my e-mail on it. I know so many people can tell how having it will make everything a better.
So here is my reasons for keeping my phone:
- I like not being connected to the internet when I am not at home or work.
- I like sitting at restaurant with my family without the pull of checking my e-mail or any other social media.
- People know that my phone is not like theirs so they do not include me in group text.
- I attend more closely to others when I do not have technology.
- I love that I spend less than $30 a month for my plan.
Yes, I will join the crowd, but right now my kids are small and I want to enjoy every moment with them and I don’t trust myself to enjoy completely with technology draw around us. Please don’t judge!
One thought on “Day 7: Why I don’t own a smart phone”